How to play baccarat
More and more users are encouraged to try their luck with baccarat, and it's easy to understand why: it's a simple, exciting game and anyone can play baccarat online!
However, it is necessary to know the basics of the game of baccarat if you intend to learn and improve your strategy. In this guide we have Fun88 gathered all the necessary information for you to know how to play baccarat, as well as some tips, strategies, and tricks so that you can enjoy the game in any casino online.
The rules of baccarat are simple and even the least experienced player can start enjoying an online game of baccarat. Now, we will explain, step by step, everything you need to know about how to play baccarat online:
At first, go to the casino section of your preferred operator and then choose an online baccarat game. Choose a title according to the list of options available in each operator.
If you are just starting out, we recommend you choose the free version of the baccarat game to thoroughly understand how it works and gain some practice.
Then, choose your bets. After entering Fun88 the game, you should check the instructions and betting lists available for that specific version.
Once the game starts, you will see the areas where you can bet on the banker, the player or the tie, as well as the minimum and maximum bets allowed and the chips of different values that you will have to drag to the corresponding area according to the bet you want to make.
Click on "Deal". Finally, click "Deal" or "Deal" to start the game. After each hand, you can pick your bets and repeat the process again to continue playing.
In the virtual versions of the game the operation is usually quite similar: the user will only have a first-person view of the game table and the dealer is virtual, so the dealing of the cards and most of the game functions will take place automatically, giving the player the possibility to set up his bets as he prefers.
On the other hand, the live baccarat version usually offers more interaction, allowing users to interact with each other and with the croupier of the game, who will deal the cards and execute all the necessary actions for the development of the game.
What does online baccarat consist of?
As we said, baccarat is quite simple. It basically consists of betting on one of three options: betting on the dealer's hand, betting on the player's hand or betting on a tie between the two. After placing your bet, whether it is a tie, to the dealer or to the player, two cards will be dealt to both sides of the game.
Based on these cards a score will be determined for each hand and whether a third card will be dealt to the dealer or the player.
The classic American baccarat table is oval and is usually divided into sections identified by numbers from 1 to 15, excluding 13 by superstition or tradition in casinos in some cities or countries. Each number represents a player seated at the table and is divided into three sections: Banker, Player and Tie, where you will have to place your bet before each hand.
It is also possible to find mini baccarat tables, where only up to seven players can sit, each one with three spaces (Banker, Player or Tie) where he/she will place the bet corresponding to each hand. In the middle of the mini baccarat table, we also see seven numbered boxes that represent the commission that each player owes during the game.
Online baccarat table
If you are playing baccarat online, you will notice the table is very similar to the classic mini baccarat table, but in most versions of the game, we just have a first-person view from the perspective of a player. There will be only one seat at the table and in front of it the three corresponding sections to place bets. Some versions of the game allow side bets.
Rules to play baccarat online
Baccarat is an elegant game with simple rules, attractive to players and, of course, so easy to play and understand! As mentioned before, playing Baccarat is based on a point system on the player's hand and the banker's hand, and the player can bet on the banker, the player or a tie between the two. The score of each hand is determined according to the following point system:
Card value in baccarat
The Ace is worth 1 point. All numbered cards are scored according to their number. A 3 is worth 3 points, a 2 is worth 2 points and so on. Tens and face cards (J, Q, K) are worth 0 points. In each hand, two cards are dealt to the player and two cards to the dealer, assigning a score according to the above system. If this score is a two-digit number, the first digit is deleted, and the resulting score is the score. For example, a hand of 13 would have a score of 3.
In case the player or the dealer gets an 8 or 9, it will be considered a "natural" hand and the round ends. If the player gets 6 or 7 points with the first two cards a third card will not be dealt, and this will be the final value of his hand.
The third card rule
If the player gets between 0 and 5 with the first two cards, he/she will receive a third card to determine the total score of the hand. When the player gets a third card, the dealer may do so: If the player gets a 2 or 3 with his third card and the dealer's starting hand score is between 0 and 4 and stands with a total between 5 and 7.
If the player gets a 4 or 5 with his third card and the dealer's starting hand total is between 0 and 5, standing with a total of 6 or 7. If the player gets a 6 or 7 with his third card, the dealer must draw between 0 and 6 or stand with 7.
If the player gets an 8 on his third card, the dealer may only draw an additional card if his initial hand has a score between 0 and 2 and must stand with any score between 3 and 7. If the player gets a 9, Ace or a figure on his third card, the dealer will receive a third card if his initial score is between 0 and 3 and must stand with any score between 4 and 7.
Types of online baccarat stakes
Unlike games such as blackjack, players will not have much variety when betting online. In fact, the main bets that the game of baccarat usually works with consist of Player, Banker and Tie and each of these has a designated area on the table. Moreover, each one has its own characteristics.
- Banker bets: Banker bets are, according to more experienced players, the most favorable in terms of probability and statistics, since it is the type of online baccarat bets where the house has the smallest advantage. These are paid 1:1.
- Betting on the player: Betting on the player's hand offers slightly lower odds than betting on the banker due to basic baccarat rules, but this does not mean that we should discard them. They pay 1:1.
- Tie bets: Experienced players usually avoid tie bets due to the low odds they offer, as the house has an edge of almost 15% over the player. Tie bets pay 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the version of the game. This is quite attractive until we consider that statistically, draw bets occur about 10% of the time.
- Side bets: In some versions of the baccarat game it is possible to find additional bets. These are known as side bets.
- Lucky Pairs: Consists of betting that the first two cards of the player or dealer will form a pair and offer a payout of 11:1.
- Lucky bonus: In some online versions it is possible to place Lucky Bonus bets. This is a bet made on the dealer's hand that will win on a 6, giving the player an advantage of 2.34%. It offers a payout of 18:1.
- Dragon 7: This consists of betting on a winning hand of the house with 4 cards and offers a payout of 40:1. In this type of bet the house has an advantage of 7.61%.
- Either pair: This has become common in many online versions of baccarat. It consists of betting that the first two cards dealt are a pair, regardless of whether the main bet is on the player or the dealer. It offers a payout of 5:1.
- Perfect pair: Consists in betting that two equal cards will be received, regardless of whether the main bet is to the dealer or to the player. It offers a payout of 25:1.
These are just some of the most popular side bets in Cricket Betting and operators, but there is a huge variety of bets that vary according to the version of the game, site conditions and different features. To know your side betting options, be sure to read the instructions and payout table in the version of baccarat you are playing.
1. How can I get a bonus from Fun88?
2. Are Indian players accepted at Fun88?
3. Is Fun88 legal in India?